- January 7 - The Dáil Éireann ratifies the Anglo-Irish Treaty by 64-57 votes.
- January 10 - Arthur Griffith is elected President of Dáil Éireann
- January 11 - First successful insulin treatment of diabetes.
- January 12 - British government releases Irish prisoners
- January 13 - Flu epidemic has claimed 804 victims in Britain
- January 15 - Michael Collins becomes head of the Irish Provisional Government
- January 24 - Christian K. Nelson patents the Eskimo Pie.
- January 21 - Irish parliament accept the treaty of the Irish Free state
- January 29 - Union of Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador is dissolved
- February 2 - Ulysses (novel) by James Joyce is published in Paris on his 40th birthday by Sylvia Beach.
- February 5 - DeWitt and Lila Wallace publish the first issue of Reader's Digest.
- February 6 - Achille Ratti becomes Pope Pius XI.
- February 8 - President Warren G. Harding introduces the first radio in the White House.
- February 14 - Finnish Minister of the Interior Heikki Ritavuori is assassinated by Ernst Tandefelt.
- February 17 - British parliament accept Irish Free State
- February 25 - Henri Desire Landru executed by guillotine
- February 27 - A challenge to the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, allowing women the right to vote, is rebuffed by the Supreme Court of the United States.
- March 1 - Ice mass breaks the Oder dam in Breslau
- March 1 - British Civil Aviation Authority established
- March 11 - Mohandas Gandhi arrested in Bombay for sedition
- March 15 - After Egypt gains nominal independence from the United Kingdom, Fuad I becomes King of Egypt.
- March 18 - In India, Mohandas Gandhi is sentenced to six years in prison for sedition. He would serve only 2 years.
- March 20 - The USS Langley is commissioned as the first United States Navy aircraft carrier.
- April 7 - Teapot Dome scandal: United States Secretary of the Interior leases Teapot Dome oil reserves in Wyoming.
- April 7 - First air collision between Daimler Airways DH 18 ja Grands Express Farman Goliat collide over Poix
- April 13 - State of Massachusetts opens all public offices to women
- April 16 - The Treaty of Rapallo marks rapprochement between the Weimar Republic and Bolshevist Russia.
- May 29 - British Liberal MP Horatio Bottomley jailed for 7 years for fraud
- May 30 - In Washington, D.C., the Lincoln Memorial is dedicated.
- June 1 - Official founding of the Royal Ulster Constabulary.
- June 22 - IRA agents assassinated British field marshal Henry Wilson in Belgravia - assassins are sentenced to death July 18
- June 24 - Assassination of Weimar Republic foreign minister Walter Rathenau - murderers are captured July 17
- June 26 - Louis Honoré Charles Antoine Grimaldi becomes Reigning Prince Louis II of Monaco.
- June 28 - The Irish Civil War begins
- August 12 - Assassianation of Arthur Griffith, President of Dáil Éireann
- August 22 - Assassination of General Michael Collins - President of the Irish Provisional Government and Commander-in-Chief of the Provisional Army.
- August 23 - Revolt against the Spanish in Morocco
- August 28 - Japan agrees to withdraw its troops from Siberia
- September 9 - Turkish forces pursuing withdrawing Greek troops enter Smyrna
- September 11 - One of the Herald Sun of Melbourne, Australia's predecessor papers The Sun News-Pictorial is founded.
- September 13 - 15 - Fire, probably started by Turkish troops, destroys most of Smyrna. Death toll estimated 100.000
- September 18 - Hungary joins the League of Nations
- October 9 - Sir William Horwood, London metropolitan police commissioner is poisoned by arsenic-filled chocolates
- October 28 - In Italy, with the March on Rome, Fascism obtains power and Benito Mussolini becomes prime minister.
- October 31 - Benito Mussolini becomes the youngest Premier in the history of Italy.
- September 23 - Gdynia Seaport Construction Act passed by the Polish parliament.
- November 1 - Ottoman Empire is abolished and its last sultan Mehmed VI Vahdettin abdicates.
- November 4 - In Egypt, British archaeologist Howard Carter and his men find the entrance to King Tutankhamen's tomb in the Valley of the Kings.
- November 14 - The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) begins radio service in the United Kingdom.
- November 17 - Former Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI leaves for exile in Italy.
- November 19 - Abdul Mejid II, Crown Prince of the Ottoman Empire is elected Caliph.
- November 21 - Rebecca Felton of Georgia takes the oath of office, becoming the first woman United States Senator.
- November 24 - Popular author and Irish Republican Army member Robert Erskine Childers is executed by an Irish Free State firing squad for illegally carrying a revolver.
- November 26 - Howard Carter and Lord Carnarvon become the first people to enter the tomb of Egyptian King Tutankhamun in over 3000 years.
- December 6 - The Irish Free State comes into existence. George V becomes King of Ireland. Tim Healy appointed first Governor-General of the Irish Free State, W.T. Cosgrave becomes President of the Executive Council.
- December 14 - Assassination of Gabriel Narutowicz, the president of Poland
- December 30 - Russia and allied Soviet republics form the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR).
Year in topic
- January 1 - Ernest "Fritz" Hollings, South Carolina senator
- January 7 - Jean-Pierre Rampal, French flutist (d. 2000)
- January 13 - Albert Lamorisse, film director (d. 1970)
- January 16 - Ernesto Bonino, Italian singer
- January 17 - Nicholas Katzenbach, politician
- January 17 - Betty White, actress
- January 21 - Paul Scofield, actor
- January 22 - Leonel Brizola, politician
- January 30 - Dick Martin, comedian
- February 1 - Renata Tebaldi, Italian soprano
- February 6 - Patrick Macnee, actor
- February 7 - Hattie Jacques, actress (d. 1980)
- February 9 - Kathryn Grayson, actress
- February 11 - Tudor Jarda, composer.
- February 15 - John Bayard Anderson, U.S Representative and presidential candidate
- February 18 - Helen Gurley Brown, editor, publisher
- February 24 - Richard Hamilton, pop-art painter
- February 24 - Steven Hill, actor
- March 1 - William Gaines, publisher, founder of MAD Magazine (d. 1992)
- March 1 - Yitzhak Rabin, Prime Minister of Israel and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1995)
- March 5 - Pier Paolo Pasolini, film director
- March 8 - Heinar Kipphardt, dramatist, lyricist, narrator (d. 1982)
- March 9 - Tommy Cooper, UK comedian and magician
- March 12 - Jack Kerouac, US author
- March 18 - Egon Bahr, politician
- March 20 - Carl Reiner, director, producer, actor, comedian
- March 21 - Russ Meyer, pornographic film director, producer
- March 28 - Felice Chiusano, Italian singer (Quartetto Cetra)
- March 28 - Joey Maxim, American boxer, world champion
- March 31 - Richard Kiley, actor, singer (d. 1999)
- April 1 - William Manchester, writer
- April 4 - Elmer Bernstein, composer
- April 5 - Gale Storm, singer/actress
- April 7 - Mongo Santamaria, Latin jazz musician (d. 2003)
- April 22 - Sir Kingsley Amis, English novelist (d. 1995)
- April 22 - Charles Mingus, musician (d. 1979)
- April 28 - Alistair Maclean, actor
- May 7 - Darren McGavin, actor
- May 14 - Franjo Tuđman, president of Croatia (d. 1999)
- May 17 - Antje Weisgerber, actress
- May 18 - Kai Winding, jazz musician (d. 1983)
- May 21 - James Lopez Watson, American judge (d. 2001)
- May 22 - Quinn Martin, television producer (d. 1987)
- May 25 - Enrico Berlinguer, politician (d. 1984)
- May 27 - Christopher Lee, actor
- May 28 - Lou Duva, boxing trainer
- May 29 - Iannis Xenakis, composer
- May 30 - Hal Clement, science fiction writer
- May 31 - Denholm Elliott, actor (d. 1992)
- June 2 - Charlie Sifford, first African American golfer on the PGA TOUR
- June 10 - Judy Garland, performer
- June 24 - Tata Giacobetti, Italian singer and lyricist (Quartetto Cetra)
- July 18 - Thomas Kuhn, philosopher of science
- August 17 - Agostinho Neto, Angolan politician (d. 1979)
- August 23 - George Kell, Baseball Hall of Famer
- September 1 - Vittorio Gassmann, Italian actor and director
- September 3 - Salli Terri, mezzo soprano (d. 1996)
- September 8 - Sid Caesar, actor, comedian
- September 15 - Jackie Cooper, American actor and director
- September 25 - Hammer DeRoburt, founding president of Nauru (d. 1992)
- October 5 - Jose-Froilan Gonzalez, Formula One driver
- November 8 - Christiaan Barnard, South African surgeon (d. 2001)
- November 11 - Kurt Vonnegut, American novelist
- November 14 - Boutros Boutros-Ghali, Secretary General of the U.N.
- December 22 - Barbara Lillian Combes, later by marriage Barbara Billingsley, American actress
- December 22 - Jack Brooks, American politician
- December 23 - Micheline Ostermeyer, French athlete and musician
- December 28 - Stan Lee, co-creator of Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and many other Marvel Comics characters
- Tuanku Jaafar ibni Almarhum Tuanku Abdul Rahman, later Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan and 10th Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia.
- Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah ibni Almarhum Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah Al-Haj, later Sultan of Selangor and 11th Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia.
- January 5 - Ernest Shackleton, explorer
- January 22 - Pope Benedict XV
- February 2 - William Desmond Taylor, film director
- February 11 - Gerardus J. P. Bolland, Dutch philosopher.
- March 1 - Rafael Moreno Aranzadi, Spanish football player (b. 1892)
- March 24 - Walter Robinson Parr , British preacher
- April 1 - Emperor Karl of Austria
- April 2 - Hermann Rorschach
- May 19 - Son, Byong-Hi, one of the leaders of the Samil, or March 1st Movement in Korea
- June 6 - Lillian Russell, singer, vaudeville star
- June 18 - Jacobus Kapteyn, Dutch astronomer
- June 26 - Albert I of Monaco
- July 20 - Andrey Markov, mathematician
- August 2 - Alexander Graham Bell, father of the telephone.
- August 5 - Harry Boland, Irish republican, killed in the Irish Civil War
- August 12 - Arthur Griffith, President of Dáil Éireann
- August 22 - Michael Collins assassinated.
- September 4 - Sarah L. Winchester, builder of the Winchester Mystery House
Heads of state in 1922
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
You may copy and modify it as long as the entire work (including additions) remains under this license.
You must provide a link to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
To view or edit this article at Wikipedia go to http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/1922
Entertainment Network. A Cyprus
Roussos Music Entertainment Company. All Rights Reserved.
are licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. You may copy and
modify it as long as the entire work (including additions) remains under
this license. You must provide a link to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html.
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.
All trademarks and service marks including Napster,
MP3 Player, iRock,
MP3 Player, iRiver,
MP3 Players + iTunes,
Musical Instrument Equipment Store, BMG
Music Service, Columbia
House DVD Club, eBay,
Musical Instruments, Billboard,
Yahoo Search Marketing, MusicMatch,
Music Plus, Billboard
Stone Magazine, Walmart
and Noble book store, CDUniverse,
are property of their respective owners. Music.us has no affiliation with
but offers alternative services. Disclaimer: Uploading or downloading
of copyrighted works without permission or authorization of copyright
holders may be illegal and subject to civil or criminal liability and
penalties. Please buy
music and refrain from any illegal downloading activity. User
submitted free content, including Wikipedia encyclopedia or modification
thereof by end users, do not reflect the views and opinions of Music.us
and are for educational and research development purposes. Our website
offers advanced search for bands and artists bio and albums and browse
options for artist band biographies resources and information. We offer
blogs and community building tools for authors, bands and users. The Music.us
Entertainment Network is web's most comprehensive one-stop shopping, community
networking and education site. Find song lyrics, guitar tablature, posters,
ring tones, free MP3 downloads and hourly updating news feeds on musicians
and any genre style including rock,
and B, blues,
- Site Map
- MP3 - Music Downloads
- Song Lyrics