1930 is a common year starting on Wednesday.
Year in topic
- 1930 in aviation
- 1930 in film
- 1930 in literature
- 1930 in music
- 1930 in sports
- 1930 in television
- May 22 - An audience at Proctor's Theatre in Schenectady becomes the first to see a closed-circuit television signal projected onto a big screen.
- November - W9XAP in Chicago broadcasts the U.S. senatorial election returns, which was apparently the first time a senatorial race, with non-stop vote tallies, was ever televised
- December 7 - W1XAV in Boston broadcasts video from a CBS radio program, The Fox Trappers orchestra program. The broadcast also included the first television commercial (for I. J. Fox Furriers, who sponsored the radio show)
- The BBC begins regular television transmission
- January 3 - Robert Loggia, actor
- January 4 - Don Shula, American football coach
- January 10 - Roy Edward Disney, film executive
- January 11 - Rod Taylor, Australian actor
- January 12 - Tim Horton, NHL player, Hockey Hall of Famer, founder of Tim Hortons doughnut shops (d. 1974)
- January 12 - Glenn Yarborough, singer, songwriter
- January 13 - Frances Sternhagen, actress
- January 20 - Buzz Aldrin, astronaut, second person to walk on Earth's Moon
- January 23 - Derek Walcott, author
- January 25 - Dean Jones, actor
- January 30 - Gene Hackman, actor
- February 3 - Gillian Ayres, painter
- February 10 - Robert Wagner, actor
- February 11 - Alevtina Koltschina Soviet skier.
- February 11 - C. H. Dearnley, organist.
- February 13 - Ernst Fuchs, painter and graphic artist
- February 17 - Ruth Barbara Rendell, writer
- February 27 - Joanne Woodward, actress
- March 3 - Heiner Geißler, politician
- March 6 - Lorin Maazel, French-born American conductor
- March 7 - Antony Armstrong-Jones, Lord Snowdon
- March 19 - Ornette Coleman, musician
- March 22 - Stephen Sondheim, composer and lyricist
- March 22 - Pat Robertson, televangelist
- March 24 - Steve McQueen, film director and producer (d. 1980)
- March 26 - Sandra Day O'Connor, US Supreme Court Justice.
- March 27 - David Janssen, actor (d. 1980)
- March 30 - John Astin, actor
- March 30 - Rolf Harris, entertainer
- May 4 - Roberta Peters, American soprano
- May 8 - Heather Harper, Irish soprano
- May 10 - Pat Summerall, American football player, broadcaster
- May 15 - Jasper Johns, painter
- May 19 - Lorraine Hansberry, playwright (d. 1965)
- May 21 - Malcolm Fraser, twenty-second Prime Minister of Australia
- May 22 - Harvey Milk, politician, civil rights activist (d. 1978)
- May 31 - Clint Eastwood, actor, director, producer
- October 1 - Sir Richard Harris, actor (d. 2002)
- October 5 - Pavel Popovich, cosmonaut
- October 8 - Toru Takemitsu, composer (d. 1996)
- October 10 - Harold Pinter, playwright
- October 11 - Sam Johnson, American politician
- October 28 - Bernie Ecclestone, Formula 1 racing tycoon
- October 30 - Timothy Findley, Canadian author
- November 14 - Edward White, American astronaut (d. 1967)
- November 16 - Chinua Achebe, Nigerian writer
- December 11 - Jean-Louis Trintignant, actor
- December 21 - Adebayo Adedeji, professor
- February 23 - Horst Wessel, Nazi ideologue, composer
- February 27 - Ahmad Shah Qajar , former Persian Shah of the Qajar dynasty
- March 8 - William Howard Taft, President of the United States, Chief Justice of the United States
- March 19 - Arthur James Balfour, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- March 24 - Eugeen Van Mieghem, painter
- April 1 - Empress Zawditu of Ethiopia
- May 13 - Fridtjof Nansen, explorer
- June 5 - Pascin, the "Prince of Montparnasse"
- July 7 - Arthur Conan Doyle, British author and creator of Sherlock Holmes.
- August 15 - Florian Cajori, historian of mathematics.
- August 29 - William Archibald Spooner, British scholar and Anglican priest
- October 26 - Harry Payne Whitney, businessman, horse breeder
- November 4 - Buddy Bolden, jazz musician (b. 1877)
- December 9 - Andrew "Rube" Foster, pioneer of Negro League baseball
- December 9 - Laura Muntz Lyall, Canadian impressionist painter
- Jeppe Aakjaer, Danish poet and novelist. (b. 1866)
Heads of state in 1930
- Victor Emmanuel III of Italy, King of Italy (1900 - 1946).
- Albert I of Belgium, King of Belgium (1909 - 1934).
- George V of the United Kingdom, King of the United Kingdom, Emperor of India (1910 - 1936).
- Christian X of Denmark, King of Denmark and Iceland (1912 - 1947).
- Miklós Horthy, Regent of Hungary (1920 - 1944).
- Mikhail Kalinin, President of the Soviet Union (1922 - 1946).
- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, President of Turkey (1923 - 1938).
- Paul von Hindenburg, President of Germany (1925 - 1934).
- Hirohito, (Showa Emperor of Japan) (1926 - 1989).
- Zog of Albania, King of Albania (1928 - 1939).
- Herbert Clark Hoover, President of the United States (1929 - 1933).
- Haile Selassie, Emperor of Ethiopia (1930 - 1936, 1941 - 1974).
- Getulio Vargas, President of Brazil (1930 - 1945, 1950 - 1954).
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
You may copy and modify it as long as the entire work (including additions) remains under this license.
You must provide a link to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
To view or edit this article at Wikipedia go to http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/1930
Entertainment Network. A Cyprus
Roussos Music Entertainment Company. All Rights Reserved.
are licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. You may copy and
modify it as long as the entire work (including additions) remains under
this license. You must provide a link to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html.
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.
All trademarks and service marks including Napster,
MP3 Player, iRock,
MP3 Player, iRiver,
MP3 Players + iTunes,
Musical Instrument Equipment Store, BMG
Music Service, Columbia
House DVD Club, eBay,
Musical Instruments, Billboard,
Yahoo Search Marketing, MusicMatch,
Music Plus, Billboard
Stone Magazine, Walmart
and Noble book store, CDUniverse,
are property of their respective owners. Music.us has no affiliation with
but offers alternative services. Disclaimer: Uploading or downloading
of copyrighted works without permission or authorization of copyright
holders may be illegal and subject to civil or criminal liability and
penalties. Please buy
music and refrain from any illegal downloading activity. User
submitted free content, including Wikipedia encyclopedia or modification
thereof by end users, do not reflect the views and opinions of Music.us
and are for educational and research development purposes. Our website
offers advanced search for bands and artists bio and albums and browse
options for artist band biographies resources and information. We offer
blogs and community building tools for authors, bands and users. The Music.us
Entertainment Network is web's most comprehensive one-stop shopping, community
networking and education site. Find song lyrics, guitar tablature, posters,
ring tones, free MP3 downloads and hourly updating news feeds on musicians
and any genre style including rock,
and B, blues,
- Site Map
- MP3 - Music Downloads
- Song Lyrics