Centuries: 19th century - 20th century - 21st century
Decades: 1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s
Years: 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938
- March 1 - Kyriakos Varvaressos becomes Deputy Governor to the Bank of Greece
- March 3 - Mount Rushmore is dedicated.
- March 4 - American President Herbert Clark Hoover is succeeded by Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who in reference to the Great Depression, gives his "We have nothing to fear, but fear itself" inauguration speech.
- March 4 Frances Perkins becomes United States Secretary of Labor, first female member of the United States Cabinet.
- March 5 - Great Depression: President Franklin D. Roosevelt declares a "bank holiday", closing all United States banks and freezing all financial transactions (the 'holiday' ended on March 13).
- March 5 - in German elections, National Socialists gain 43.9% of the votes
- March 9 - Great Depression: The United States Congress begins its first 100 days of enacting New Deal legislation.
- March 10 - Earthquake in Long Beach, California kills 117 people.
- March 12 - Great Depression: Franklin Delano Roosevelt addresses the nation for the first time as President of the United States. This was also the first of his "Fireside Chats".
- March 20 - Dachau, the first Nazi concentration camp, is completed - opened March 22
- March 23 - The Reichstag passes the Enabling Act, making Adolf Hitler dictator of Germany.
- March 27 - Japan leaves the League of Nations
- March 31 - The Civilian Conservation Corps is established with the mission to relieve rampant unemployment.
Year in topic
- January 6 - Emil Steinberger, cabaretist
- January 6 - Oleg Makarov, cosmonaut (d. 2003)
- January 8 - Charles Osgood, journalist, commentator
- January 14 - Stan Brakhage, filmmaker (d. 2003)
- January 16 - Susan Sontag, author
- January 17 - Dalida, French singer
- January 18 - John Boorman, director
- January 23 - Chita Rivera, actress, dancer
- January 25 - Corazon Aquino, President of the Philippines
- February 8 - Elly Ameling, soprano
- February 12 - Costa-Gavras, director, writer
- February 13 - Kim Novak, actress
- February 18 - Yoko Ono, singer, artist, wife of John Lennon
- February 21 - Nina Simone, singer
- February 22- Katharine, Duchess of Kent.
- February 26 - Godfrey Cambridge, actor (d. 1976)
- May 3 - James Brown, musician
- May 7 - Johnny Unitas, American football star (d. 2002)
- May 10 - Barbara Taylor Bradford, writer
- May 11 - Louis Farrakhan, Black Muslim leader
- May 20 - Danny Aiello, American actor
- May 21 - Maurice André, trumpet
- May 23 - Joan Collins, actress
- May 29 - Marc Carbonneau, taxi driver and FLQ terrorist
- May 29 - Helmuth Rilling, German conductor
- May 29 - Edward Whittemore, American writer and CIA agent
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
You may copy and modify it as long as the entire work (including additions) remains under this license.
You must provide a link to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
To view or edit this article at Wikipedia go to http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/1933
Entertainment Network. A Cyprus
Roussos Music Entertainment Company. All Rights Reserved.
are licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. You may copy and
modify it as long as the entire work (including additions) remains under
this license. You must provide a link to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html.
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.
All trademarks and service marks including Napster,
MP3 Player, iRock,
MP3 Player, iRiver,
MP3 Players + iTunes,
Musical Instrument Equipment Store, BMG
Music Service, Columbia
House DVD Club, eBay,
Musical Instruments, Billboard,
Yahoo Search Marketing, MusicMatch,
Music Plus, Billboard
Stone Magazine, Walmart
and Noble book store, CDUniverse,
are property of their respective owners. Music.us has no affiliation with
but offers alternative services. Disclaimer: Uploading or downloading
of copyrighted works without permission or authorization of copyright
holders may be illegal and subject to civil or criminal liability and
penalties. Please buy
music and refrain from any illegal downloading activity. User
submitted free content, including Wikipedia encyclopedia or modification
thereof by end users, do not reflect the views and opinions of Music.us
and are for educational and research development purposes. Our website
offers advanced search for bands and artists bio and albums and browse
options for artist band biographies resources and information. We offer
blogs and community building tools for authors, bands and users. The Music.us
Entertainment Network is web's most comprehensive one-stop shopping, community
networking and education site. Find song lyrics, guitar tablature, posters,
ring tones, free MP3 downloads and hourly updating news feeds on musicians
and any genre style including rock,
and B, blues,
- Site Map
- MP3 - Music Downloads
- Song Lyrics