- This page is about the year 1984. For other uses of 1984, see 1984 (disambiguation).
1984 is a leap year starting on Sunday (link shows calendar).
Year in topic
- 1984 in film
- Star Trek III: The Search For Spock starring William Shatner as Admiral James T. Kirk, DeForest Kelly as Doctor McCoy, James Doohan as 'Scotty', George Takei as Sulu, Nichelle Nichols as Uhura, Walter Koenig as Chekov and Leonard Nimoy both as Spock and directing.
- Dune starring Kyle MacLachlan as Paul Usul Muad'Dib Atreides, Patrick Stewart (of Excalibur fame) as Gurney Halleck
- The Killing Fields
- Places in the Heart
- Wednesday, May 23, 1984 - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom starring Harrison Ford
- Friday, June 8, 1984 - Ghostbusters
- Friday, October 26, 1984 - Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator
- Monday, November 26, 1984 - Filming starts on Back to the Future.
- 1984 in literature
- 1984 in music
- 1984 in sports
- Saturday, January 14, 1984 - Ray Mancini stops 2 time world champion Bobby Chacon in the third round of a long awaited boxing fight, to retain the WBA's world Lightweight title.
- Sunday, January 22, 1984 - Super Bowl XVIII Los Angeles Raiders (38) def. Washington Redskins (9)
- Friday, January 27, 1984 - Carl Lewis beats his own indoor world jumping record by 9-1/4 inches with a 28 feet, 10-1/4 inches jump.
- Wednesday, February 8, 1984 - 1984 Winter Olympics open in Sarajevo
- Saturday, May 19, 1984 - The NHL's Edmonton Oilers win the Stanley Cup defeating the New York Islanders 5-2 at Edmonton and ending the Islanders dynasty. The first in Oilers club history and of a new dynasty.
- Summer Olympic Games in Los Angeles, California, USA
- Baseball - The Detroit Tigers start the season 35-5 on their way to a World Series victory.
- 1984 in television
- January 15 - Megan Quann, swimmer
- February 26 - Natalia Lafourcade, Mexican pop singer
- March 20 - Winta, Norwegian pop star
- April 10 - Mandy Moore, singer, actress
- April 18 - America Ferrera, actress
- April 23 - Alexandra Kosteniuk, chess player
- May 29 - Carmelo Anthony, NBA star
- July 24 - Dhani Lennevald, tallest member of A-Teens
- September 7 - Vera Zvonareva, tennis player
- September 14 - Adam Lamberg, actor (Lizzie McGuire)
- September 15 - Prince Harry of Wales, English prince
- September 27 - Avril Lavigne, Canadian singer/songwriter
- October 3 - Ashlee Simpson, singer, actress
- October 4 - Lena Katina, member of t.A.T.u.
- October 14 - Santino Quaranta, American soccer player
- October 25 - Sara Helena Lumholdt, youngest of A-Teens
- November 9 - Delta Goodrem, actress, singer
- November 21 - Jena Malone, actress
- December 30 - LeBron James, NBA star
- January 20 - Johnny Weissmuller, American swimmer and actor. Most prominent as Tarzan.
- January 21 - Jackie Wilson, soul singer.
- February 9 - Yuri Andropov, General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union
- February 15 - Ethel Merman, singer, actress
- February 22 - Jessamyn West, writer
- March 1 - Jackie Coogan, actor
- March 5 - Tito Gobbi, Italian baritone (b. 1915)
- March 5 - William Powell, actor
- March 21 - Sir Michael Redgrave, actor
- March 24 - Sam Jaffe, actor
- April 1 - Marvin Gaye, singer
- April 15 - Tommy Cooper, British comedian and magician
- April 20 - Hristo Prodanov, Bulgarian mountaineer
- April 22 - Ansel Adams, American photographer
- April 26 - Count Basie, musician, composer (b. 1904)
- May 16 - Andy Kaufman, comedian
- May 16 - Irwin Shaw, author
- May 28 - Eric Morecambe, British comedian
- June 26 - Michel Foucault, philosopher
- July 1 - Moshe Feldenkrais, founder of the Feldenkrais Method
- July 8 - Brassaï, photographer
- July 14 - Philippe Wynne, musician (b. 1941)
- July 26 - Ed Gein, serial killer
- August 2 - Quirino Cristiani, Argentine animation director.
- August 5 - Richard Burton, actor
- August 11 - Alfred A. Knopf, American publisher
- August 14 - J. B. Priestley, English novelist and playwright
- August 25 - Waite Hoyt, Baseball Hall of Famer (b. 1899)
- September 25 - Walter Pidgeon, actor
- October 5 - Leonard Rossiter, British actor
- October 12 - Sir Anthony Berry, British politician, along with three of the other victims of the Brighton hotel bombing
- October 20 - Paul Dirac, physicist
- October 21 - François Truffaut, French film director
- October 31 - Indira Gandhi, Prime Minister of India and President of Indian National Congress
- November 17 - Bob Riddle shot
- December 15 - Jan Peerce, American tenor (b. 1904)
- December 20 - Gonzalo Márquez, Major League Baseball player (b. 1946)
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
You may copy and modify it as long as the entire work (including additions) remains under this license.
You must provide a link to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
To view or edit this article at Wikipedia go to http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984
Entertainment Network. A Cyprus
Roussos Music Entertainment Company. All Rights Reserved.
are licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. You may copy and
modify it as long as the entire work (including additions) remains under
this license. You must provide a link to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html.
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.
All trademarks and service marks including Napster,
MP3 Player, iRock,
MP3 Player, iRiver,
MP3 Players + iTunes,
Musical Instrument Equipment Store, BMG
Music Service, Columbia
House DVD Club, eBay,
Musical Instruments, Billboard,
Yahoo Search Marketing, MusicMatch,
Music Plus, Billboard
Stone Magazine, Walmart
and Noble book store, CDUniverse,
are property of their respective owners. Music.us has no affiliation with
but offers alternative services. Disclaimer: Uploading or downloading
of copyrighted works without permission or authorization of copyright
holders may be illegal and subject to civil or criminal liability and
penalties. Please buy
music and refrain from any illegal downloading activity. User
submitted free content, including Wikipedia encyclopedia or modification
thereof by end users, do not reflect the views and opinions of Music.us
and are for educational and research development purposes. Our website
offers advanced search for bands and artists bio and albums and browse
options for artist band biographies resources and information. We offer
blogs and community building tools for authors, bands and users. The Music.us
Entertainment Network is web's most comprehensive one-stop shopping, community
networking and education site. Find song lyrics, guitar tablature, posters,
ring tones, free MP3 downloads and hourly updating news feeds on musicians
and any genre style including rock,
and B, blues,
- Site Map
- MP3 - Music Downloads
- Song Lyrics