June 15 is the 166th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar (167th in leap years), with 199 days remaining.
800 BC-AD 1899
- 1904 - A fire aboard the steamboat General Slocum in New York City's East River kills 1000.
- 1905 - Princess Margaret of Connaught marries Gustav, Crown Prince of Sweden.
- 1909 - Representatives from England, Australia and South Africa meet at Lords and form the Imperial Cricket Conference.
- 1911 - Tabulating Computing Recording Corporation (IBM) is incorporated.
- 1913 - US troops under General John 'Black Jack' Pershing massacre at least 2,000 Philippine men, women and children at Bud Bagsak.
- 1916 - U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs a bill incorporating the Boy Scouts of America. http://www.scouting.org/factsheets/02-507.html
- 1919 - John Alcock and Arthur Brown complete first nonstop transatlantic flight at Clifden, County Galway, Ireland.
- 1934 - The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is founded
- 1944 - World War II: Battle of Saipan: The United States invades Saipan.
- 1954 - UEFA (the Union des Associations Européennes de Football) is formed in Basle, Switzerland.
- 1955 - The Eisenhower administration stages the first annual "Operation Alert" (OPAL) exercise, an attempt to assess the preparations for a nuclear attack.
- 1957 - Eindhoven University of Technology is founded.
- 1962 - Students for a Democratic Society complete the Port Huron Statement.
- 1969 - Hee Haw debuts on CBS television, quickly becoming an institution.
- 1978 - King Hussein of Jordan marries 26-year-old Lisa Halaby.
- 1979 - Rocky II opens in theaters, starring and directed by Sylvester Stallone.
- 1992 - During a spelling bee at a Trenton, New Jersey elementary school, U.S. Vice President Dan Quayle corrects a student's spelling of the word potato by indicating it should have an e at the end.
- 1992 - The United States Supreme Court rules in US vs. Alvarez-Machain that it is permissible for the USA to abduct suspects in foreign countries and bring them to the USA for trial, without approval from those other countries. No reciprocal right is recognized for the reverse to happen in the USA.
- 1994 - Israel and Vatican City establish full diplomatic relations.
- 1995 - While on trial for murder, O.J. Simpson puts on a pair of gloves that were found soaked with blood at the murder scene. The gloves appear to not fit. http://www.cnn.com/resources/video.almanac/1995/index3.html
- 1999 - George Morber Senior and Carolyn Frederick are murdered by Angel Maturino Resendiz in Gorham, Illinois. They are his eighth and ninth victims, in his seventh and final incident.
- 1999 - Nicholas Vitalich is arrested outside a supermarket in San Diego, California, USA for assault with a deadly weapon after slapping his girlfriend with a large tuna.
- 1330 - Edward the Black Prince, Prince of Wales (d. 1376)
- 1594 - Nicolas Poussin, painter (d. 1665)
- 1767 - Rachel Donelson Jackson, First Lady of the United States, wife of Andrew Jackson
- 1789 - Josiah Henson, ex-slave, settlement founder (d. 1883)
- 1801 - Benjamin Raymond, mayor of Chicago, IL (d. 1883)
- 1805 - William Butler Ogden, first mayor of Chicago, IL (d. 1877)
- 1843 - Edvard Grieg (d. 1907)
- 1914 - Yuri Andropov, General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (d. 1984)
- 1917 - Lash La Rue, actor (d. 1996)
- 1921 - Errol Garner, jazz musician (d. 1977)
- 1928 - Irenäus Eibl-Eibesfeldt, behaviorist
- 1932 - Mario Cuomo, former Governor of New York
- 1937 - Waylon Jennings, singer (d. 2002)
- 1938 - Billy Williams, baseball star
- 1939 - Brian Jacques, author
- 1941 - Harry Nilsson, singer, composer (d. 1994)
- 1943 - Xaviera Hollander, prostitute, author
- 1943 - Poul Nyrup Rasmussen, Prime Minister of Denmark
- 1946 - Noddy Holder, Slade lead singer
- 1948 - Mike Holmgren, American football coach
- 1949 - Dusty Baker, baseball player, coach
- 1954 - James Belushi, actor
- 1958 - Wade Boggs, baseball player
- 1963 - Helen Hunt, actress
- 1964 - Courteney Cox, actress
- 1965 - Bernard Hopkins, boxer
- 1969 - Ice Cube, singer, actor
- 1969 - Oliver Kahn, German football goalkeeper
- 1971 - Edwin Brienen, Dutch director
- 1972 - Andy Pettitte, baseball pitcher
- 1973 - Neil Patrick Harris, actor
- 1980 - Mary Carey, American erotic actress and former gubernatorial candidate.
- 1941 - Evelyn Underhill, Anglican mystic and poet (b. 1875)
- 1962 - Alfred Cortot, Swiss pianist (b. 1877)
- 1968 - Sam Crawford, Baseball Hall of Famer (b. 1880)
- 1976 - Jimmy Dykes, Major League Baseball player and manager (b. 1896)
- 1984 - Meredith Willson, composer (b. 1902)
- 1985 - Andy Stanfield, American athlete (b. 1927)
- 1989 - Victor French, actor
- 1993 - John Connally, former Governor of Texas, United States Secretary of the Treasury, United States Secretary of the Navy (b. 1917)
- 1993 - James Hunt, English motor-racing driver (b. 1947)
- 1995 - John Vincent Atanasoff, computer pioneer (b. 1903)
- 1996 - Ella Fitzgerald, jazz singer (b. 1917)
- 1997 - Kim Casali, English cartoonist
- 1999 - George Morber Senior, 80-year old senior citizen
- 1999 - Carolyn Frederick, grown daughter of George Morber Senior
Holidays and observances
June 14 - June 16 - May 15 - July 15 -- listing of all days
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
You may copy and modify it as long as the entire work (including additions) remains under this license.
You must provide a link to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
To view or edit this article at Wikipedia go to http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_15
Entertainment Network. A Cyprus
Roussos Music Entertainment Company. All Rights Reserved.
are licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. You may copy and
modify it as long as the entire work (including additions) remains under
this license. You must provide a link to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html.
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.
All trademarks and service marks including Napster,
MP3 Player, iRock,
MP3 Player, iRiver,
MP3 Players + iTunes,
Musical Instrument Equipment Store, BMG
Music Service, Columbia
House DVD Club, eBay,
Musical Instruments, Billboard,
Yahoo Search Marketing, MusicMatch,
Music Plus, Billboard
Stone Magazine, Walmart
and Noble book store, CDUniverse,
are property of their respective owners. Music.us has no affiliation with
but offers alternative services. Disclaimer: Uploading or downloading
of copyrighted works without permission or authorization of copyright
holders may be illegal and subject to civil or criminal liability and
penalties. Please buy
music and refrain from any illegal downloading activity. User
submitted free content, including Wikipedia encyclopedia or modification
thereof by end users, do not reflect the views and opinions of Music.us
and are for educational and research development purposes. Our website
offers advanced search for bands and artists bio and albums and browse
options for artist band biographies resources and information. We offer
blogs and community building tools for authors, bands and users. The Music.us
Entertainment Network is web's most comprehensive one-stop shopping, community
networking and education site. Find song lyrics, guitar tablature, posters,
ring tones, free MP3 downloads and hourly updating news feeds on musicians
and any genre style including rock,
and B, blues,
- Site Map
- MP3 - Music Downloads
- Song Lyrics